How To Plan A Fire Extinguisher Service
The key reason why you will need to have a fire extinguisher service in place is of course to make sure your business is prepared for a fire. Some people have fire extinguishers in their homes but these are typically smaller in size and can be replaced once they have been used. The ones discussed here are commercial sized extinguishers that businesses use to put out fires if they ever have to. Fire safety is a very important part of protecting any business, so there are some key issues that you will want to make yourself aware of regarding contracting a supply and maintenance service to help you guard against fires.
1. One reason that fire extinguisher servicing is so important is because it is required by law for most businesses. If there is a fire but you have not gotten the proper maintenance service for your fire extinguishers, or have the wrong extinguishers in situ, then you could risk not being able to collect on your insurance policy, let alone facing a major fine or a spell in prison.
2. Another obvious reason that it is important to get the proper service is because you want to make sure that your extinguishers and alarms function correctly and so in turn you will be alerted that there is a fire and will be able to put it out once you locate it.
3. Something else that you should marine fire extinguisher consider is using wireless fire alarm systems in your business. This is something that will help you to be able to place the alarms anywhere you want without worrying about wires and expensive installation fees. There are systems that will notify you through a keychain device or through your cell phone that your building is on fire. That way you will be able to take action faster and minimize the negative impact of the incident.
4. Consider packaging together a service that incorporates a maintenance agreement for the extinguishers and their supply or replacement. Regulations stipulate that they are checked on a regular basis, so bundling supply and maintenance may work out cheaper in the long run. Plus the company should of course be familiar with the products supplied.
5. You may also want to seek out advice from the supplier on product placement, and ask them to support you in running a risk assessment to come up with the answers, as well as determining the right types and sizes of extinguisher to be used.
6. Finally, consider as well incorporating ongoing fire training in to a supply contract to cover pretty much all of your fire safety requirements.
These are just a few of the important reasons that a fire extinguisher service is important to your business and some of the issues you will need to address. If you have put a lot of hard work into building your business and are proud of all you have been able to accomplish, then make sure to take the appropriate steps to protect it. Having properly functioning fire extinguishers and using wireless fire alarm systems will go a long way in assisting you with protecting your business in the event of a fire. You never know how long it will take the fire department to get to your business, so make sure you that are able to put it out yourself if you have to and if it is safe enough to do so.